NSYSU is the first comprehensive university in the southern Taiwan region of Kaohsiung City, and, Pingtung County. The College of Social Sciences had a later start than the other colleges on campus, established in 1995. Under the leadership of former deans Ying-rong Hong, Dun-mo Hong, Ying-yaw Cheng, Ying-chung Huang, Chih-ning Wu, Wen-cheng Lin, Chyi-Lu Jang,Wen-Bin Chiou and current dean Mei- Hua Chen, the College has continued to build its reputation. These efforts have been recognized by Taiwan’s academic community. Over the years, the College of Social Sciences has produced many outstanding scholars. By 2021, the total number ofgraduates was 4,500, (931 undergraduates, 2,074 full-time masters, 1,238 part-time masters, and 257 doctorates). Our graduates have performed excellently in their subsequent endeavors in the civil service, academia, business industry, society, and in the cultural sectors. The College’s faculty members and graduates have played an important role in Taiwan’s democratization and modernization.
● Ranked 363 among the World University Ranking by Subject in Social Sciences and Management of QS,2023
● Ranked 294 among the World University Ranking by Subject in Social Sciences and Management of QS,2020
● Ranked 42nd among the Top Asian universities in Social Sciences of QS Asian University Rankings 2010, a surveythe World University Ranking by Subject in Social Sciences and Management of QS,2020 conducted by Quacquarelli Symonds, a leading company specializing in education and study abroad in the United Kingdom
● A full accreditation of all institutes and department of the College of Social Sciences at NSYSU according to the University Evaluation 2009 conducted by the Ministry of Education, and with the assistance of HEEACT
● Ranked in the excellent category (one of four) in the National University Evaluation conducted by the Ministry of Education, 2006